Avery Rehabilitation Physical Therapy is concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention carried out by highly skilled physical therapists.
Avery Partners Physical Therapy spends time researching, educating, consulting to find the best treatments for our patients.
Steps Avery Rehabilitation Physical Therapy Follows for treatment:More about Physical Therapy
- Plan of Care
- Prevention, Health Promotion, Fitness, and Wellness
Avery Rehabilitation Occupational Therapy uses treatments to develop, recover on maintain the daily living and work skills of patients with a physical, mental or developmental condition. Avery Rehabilitation is a client-centered practice that places a premium in the progress toward the client’s goals.
We focus on adapting the environment, modifying the task, teaching the skill and education the client/family in order to increase participation in and performance of daily activities, particularly those that are meaningful to the client.
Services typically include:More about Occupational Therapy
- Teaching new ways of approaching tasks
- How to break down activities into achievable components e.g. sequencing a complex task
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations.
- Performance skills assessments and treatment.
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training.
- Environmental adaptation including provision of equipment or designing adaptations to remove obstacles or make them manageable
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
- The use of creative media as therapeutic activity
Speech, Language and Swallowing
Avery Rehabilitation Speech and Language Therapy specialize in communication disorders as well as swallowing disorders. We provide a wide range of services, mainly on an individual basis, but also as support for individuals, families, support groups, and providing information for the general public.
Speech services begin with initial screening for communication and swallowing disorders and continue with assessment and diagnosis, consultation for the provision of advice regarding management, intervention and treatment, and provision counseling and other follow up services for these disorders:More about Speech, Language and Swallowing
- Cognitive aspects of communication
- Language including comprehension and expression in oral, written, graphic, and manual modalities; language processing; preliteracy and language-based literacy skills, phonological awareness
- Swallowing or other upper aero digestive functions such as infant feeding and aeromechanical events
- Sensory awareness related to communication, swallowing, or other upper aero digestive functions