Services typically include:
- Teaching new ways of approaching tasks
- How to break down activities into achievable components e.g. sequencing a complex task
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations.
- Performance skills assessments and treatment.
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training.
- Environmental adaptation including provision of equipment or designing adaptations to remove obstacles or make them manageable
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
- The use of creative media as therapeutic activity
Steps Avery Rehabilitation Physical Therapy Follows for treatment:
- Plan of Care
- Prevention, Health Promotion, Fitness, and Wellness
Speech services begin with initial screening for communication and swallowing disorders and continue with assessment and diagnosis, consultation for the provision of advice regarding management, intervention and treatment, and provision counseling and other follow up services for these disorders:
- Cognitive aspects of communication
- Language including comprehension and expression in oral, written, graphic, and manual modalities; language processing; preliteracy and language-based literacy skills, phonological awareness
- Swallowing or other upper aero digestive functions such as infant feeding and aeromechanical events
- Sensory awareness related to communication, swallowing, or other upper aero digestive functions